PRESIDENT & CEO
FIRM FOUNDATIONS, INC.
My name is Katie Lundstrom.
My mission is to partner with leaders who really want to see change for themselves and their organizations and to help them make it happen.
Over the past 25 years, it has been a great honor to serve more than 50 clients across five industries in the areas of strategic planning, organization change, individual and business transformation, performance management, strategic and tactical alignment, and changing corporate culture.
I began my career in the technology consulting business in Chicago with Anderson Consulting (now Accenture). Though I loved the work I did across the U.S. and in Argentina, I quickly became fascinated by strategy and seeing how all of the pieces of a business worked together. That led me to business school at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
After graduating from UNC, I consulted with people in the electric utility industry during the phase of deregulation in the late 1990s. My expertise was developing Shared Services Organizations within a company to help manage costs and thereby increase profits.
A few years later, after a move up to Washington, D.C., I began consulting with the leaders of various programs within the Federal Government, focusing on strategic planning, stakeholder engagement (with states and local communities), and change management. An insufficiency of these three offerings in the field led me to coaching. The missing element was a focus on the human factor. This added focus on coaching helps to accelerate the change desired in an organization. My background in coaching and skills in asking targeted questions helps my clients achieve their business goals. My recent experience within the Federal sector includes more than ten years working with executives and teams to provide performance-based education and change, defining the future performance-based business model, and designing processes that clearly delineate roles and responsibilities, metrics, and critical success factors for all participants to ensure overall success.
Strategic Planning and Implementation; Operational/Business Planning and Implementation; Strategic Facilitation of Teams, Groups, Stakeholders; Executive Coaching; Business Coaching; Performance Coaching; Organizational-to-Individual Performance Alignment; Change Management and Communication Strategy.
Tools in the Toolkit
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Grove ® facilitation tools
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Balance Score Card ®
- Strategy Mapping
- McKinsey 7-S® model
- Whole Systems methodology
- Myers-Briggs® (MBTI)
- 360 Feedback/Assessment
- Strengths Finder 2.0® and Strengths Finder for Leaders
- OAR & BEL models
- “Five Dysfunctions of a Team”® model & methodology (Lencioni)
- Missing Conversations model
- Crucial Conversations® and the Six Sources of Influence model (Grenny, Patterson, Maxfield, McMillan and Switzler)
- Neurosciences and Productivity
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Certified: Executive and Leadership Coaching, Newfield Network
- Certified: Awaiting PCC certified through the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Certified: Executive Retreats Design & Facilitation
- Certified: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Facilitator of Five Dysfunctions of a Team/Advantage techniques
- Facilitator of Leadership Challenge (LPI 360 Assessment)